Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tom Sizemore



We saw the very talented actor Tom Sizemore on Larry King.

Best Wishes. He is always the best thing about all his films.





Larry King - http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/larry.king.live/

April 21, 2010

Actor Tom Sizemore opens up on his battle with drug addiction and the fight to stay clean.


Sizemore Recited Shakespeare To Stay Sane In Prison

TOM SIZEMORE used his acting skills to help him cope with prison - he would recite Shakespearean plays to pass the time in his cell.

The Saving Private Ryan actor was jailed for 17 months in 2005 after failing drug tests while on probation for assaulting his then girlfriend, Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss, two years earlier (03).

And Sizemore reveals he endured life behind bars by focusing on his love of The Bard - writing down excerpts from his favourite plays and reciting them to keep his "brain working".

He tells U.S. newsman Larry King, "I didn't do drugs in prison. I focused on not losing myself. There wasn't a lot of fighting. I had to fight a few times and I can handle myself. I'll take a beating, I don't care.

"But in prison, it's different. Taking a beating could be your last beating. I know Shakespeare a lot. I know it well. I remember full plays almost. I've (a) really great memory. I wrote down as many of the plays I've been in that I can remember the lines that I had and other characters I had. I wrote down the movies I had been in.

"I wrote them out to make sure my brain was still working and to keep myself - I have a good imagination, I could disappear into (acting)... When I played Iago (in Othello), I still know what I did when I was 21."


.

No comments:

Post a Comment